Terms and Conditions
User Terms and Conditions
Scope of User Terms & Conditions
By accepting the User Terms & Conditions Agreement, you agree that your use of Sandala Journeys Website and websites related and linked to Sandala Journeys website, all applications, software and services available on the Website (except to the extent such services are subject of a separate agreement) will be governed by the User Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policies posted on that Website/s with such changes and modifications as may be made from time to time.
Eligibility of User
The Website is available only to persons over the age of legal majority who can form legally binding agreement(s) under applicable law. Do not use the website if you cannot or are barred from entering into legally binding contracts or you are under the age of 18 or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended or prohibited from or accessing or using this or the linked websites as may be applicable.
Intellectual Property Rights
Sandala Journeys owns or is licensed to use all intellectual property rights associated with the Website and its contents including the logos, graphics, icons, etc. ("Intellectual Property"). The Intellectual Properties are protected under the applicable laws and may not be copied or imitated or used or reproduced, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Sandala Journeys.
Sandala Journeys grants you a limited, personal, non transferable and revocable license to access and use the Website and the services only in the manner permitted by Sandala Journeys. Apart from such limited license no other right or interest is granted by Sandala Journeys in the Website or its contents or services which shall always remain the property of Sandala Journeys, its affiliates or third parties.
Suppliers, rules and restrictions
You acknowledge that Sandala Journeys pre-negotiates rates with suppliers to facilitate the purchase of products and services on your behalf. The rate displayed on the Website is a combination of the pre-negotiated rates for the products and services that you purchase, and a fee retained by Sandala Journeys to compensate us for our services.
Separate terms and conditions will apply to your reservation and purchase of travel-related goods and services that you select. Please read these separate terms and conditions carefully. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of purchase imposed by any supplier with whom you elect to deal, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with the supplier's rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of fares, products, or services. You acknowledge that some third-party providers offering certain services and/or activities may require you to sign their liability waiver prior to participating in the service and/or activity they offer. You understand that any violation of any such supplier's rules and restrictions may result in cancellation of your reservation(s), in your being denied access to the applicable travel product or services, in your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s), and/or in our debiting your account for any costs we incur as a result of such violation.
You agree to inform Sandala Journeys of any circumstance or condition as a result of which you or any person on whose behalf you are making a reservation may require special facilities prior to your purchase. Any complaints regarding a supplier should be brought to the attention of the supplier immediately during the time of the service and the same should be communicated to us in writing within thirty days thereafter, failing which, Sandala Journeys will not entertain any such complaints.
We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED. You warrant that you are the cardholder for all online payments made using credit/debit cards, and that your identification (“Cardholder ID”) exactly matches that of the credit/debit card used to make your purchase. You further agree to promptly provide proof of such matching Cardholder ID upon request at any time within six months of your purchase. You understand that any violation of this policy may result in cancellation of your reservation(s), in your being denied access to the applicable travel products or services, in your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s), and/or in our debiting your account for any costs we incur as a result of such violation.
Change and cancellation policy
All requests for change or cancellation of any goods and services purchased on this website must be delivered in writing to the service help address provided at the end of these terms or by email to email@example.com, and must be received in both cases, on our working days at least 24 hours before these goods and services are scheduled to be provided. Our offices are open ("working days") from 0900 to 1800 United Arab Emirates local time on each day from Sunday to Thursday, except on public holidays and holidays declared for private sector establishments in the United Arab Emirates.
You agree to abide by the terms and conditions imposed at the time of your purchase, which will determine the change and cancellation policy applicable to your purchase, including, but not limited to penalties which may apply. Additionally, you agree that:
- If a change or cancellation policy relevant to your request is not provided in the terms and conditions imposed at the time of your purchase, your purchase can not be changed and is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
- If a cancellation policy relevant to your request in the terms and conditions imposed at the time of your purchase does not explicitly state a refundable amount or how it may be calculated, your purchase is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
- If the change or cancellation policies relevant to your request in the terms and conditions imposed at the time of your purchase do not specify the price of partly utilized services, they will be calculated based on the price of the utilized services alone at the time of your request and not pro-rata.
- Requests for permitted changes and cancellations will be processed within 2 working days after all payments required to process the request are settled. In the event of a cancellation, any payments to be refunded after the deduction of payments required to process the cancellation will be credited to the same payment card or account which was used to make the original purchase within 15 working days thereafter. Some payment cards and accounts may take up to an additional 30 days thereafter to display the credited amount.
- Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment.
All goods and services purchased on this website and their transaction receipts will be delivered in the form of online vouchers after the successful completion of your purchase. Your vouchers will be made available for download for a limited period of time from the page on this website to the e-mail address you provide at the time of purchase. A notification of your ticket and any changes to it may also be delivered to your mobile number, subject to service availability.
If you choose not to download your vouchers from the page on this website which confirms the successful completion of your purchase, you must check that you have received the vouchers for your purchase by e-mail and notify us without delay if you have not received it within one hour after your successful completion of the purchase.
We shall not be liable if you do not receive your vouchers because the e-mail address you provided at the time of purchase was unable to receive the e-mail containing your ticket after your successful completion of the purchase or for up to twenty four hours thereafter for any reason whatsoever.
We do not provide goods and services to countries, entities and individuals barred by the Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") of the US Department of the Treasury in compliance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
Sandala Journeys will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE”.
Multiple shipments/delivery may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
Airline flight tickets
You agree to the standard air travel rules for all full service airline flights and to the conditions of carriage for all your flights, which are available upon request. You acknowledge that your flight tickets do not include amenities, baggage allowances, baggage fees, beverages, meals, or fees which must be paid directly at an airport, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Prepaid hotel reservations
Your hotel vouchers do not include fees for facilities and services other than those explicitly included on your voucher which may be charged directly at the hotel.
You acknowledge that Sandala Journeys pre-negotiates certain room rates with hotel suppliers to facilitate the booking of reservations on your behalf. The room rate displayed on the Website is a combination of the pre-negotiated room rate for rooms reserved on your behalf by Sandala Journeys and the facilitation fee retained by Sandala Journeys to compensate us for our services. You authorize Sandala Journeys to book reservations for the total reservation price, which includes the room rate displayed on the Website, plus tax recovery charges, and service fees. You agree that your credit card will be charged by Sandala Journeys for the total reservation price. Upon submitting your reservation request you authorize Sandala Journeys to facilitate hotel reservations on your behalf, including making payment arrangements with hotel suppliers.
You acknowledge that Sandala Journeys does not collect taxes for remittance to applicable taxing authorities. The tax recovery charges on prepaid hotel transactions are a recovery of the estimated transaction taxes (e.g. sales and use, occupancy, room tax, excise tax, value added tax, etc) that Sandala Journeys pays to the hotel supplier in connection with your hotel reservations. The hotel suppliers invoice Sandala Journeys for tax amounts. The Hotel suppliers remit applicable taxes to the applicable taxing jurisdictions. Sandala Journeys does not act as co-vendors with the supplier with whom we book or reserve our customer's travel arrangements. Taxability and the appropriate tax rate vary greatly by location. The actual tax amounts paid by Sandala Journeys to the hotel suppliers may vary from the tax recovery charge amounts, depending upon the rates, taxability, etc. in effect at the time of the actual use of the hotel by our customers. We retain our service fees as compensation in servicing your travel reservation. Our service fees vary based on the amount and type of hotel reservation.
You may cancel or change your prepaid hotel reservation, but you will be charged the cancellation or change fee indicated in the rules and restrictions for the hotel reservation. In addition, if you do not cancel or change your reservation before the cancellation policy period applicable to the hotel you reserved, which varies by hotel (usually 24 to 72 hours) prior to your date of arrival), you will be subject to a charge of applicable nightly rates, tax recovery charges and service fees. In the event you do not show for the first night of the reservation and plan to check-in for subsequent nights in your reservation, you must confirm the reservation changes with Sandala Journeys or its subsidiary, as appropriate, no later than the date of the first night of the reservation to prevent cancellation of your reservation. You must make refund requests for no-shows or early checkouts within 60 days after checkout.
You agree to pay any cancellation or change fees that you incur. In limited cases, some hotels do not permit changes to or cancellations of reservations after they are made, as indicated in the rules and restrictions for the hotel reservation. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions imposed with respect to your prepaid hotel reservations.
Although most travel, including travel to international destinations, is completed without incident, travel to certain destinations may involve greater risk than others. Sandala Journeys urges passengers to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the government prior to booking travel to international destinations.
By offering for sale travel to particular international destinations, Sandala Journeys does not represent or warrant that travel to such points is advisable or without risk, and is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to such destinations.
Prohibition against unlawful use
While accessing or using website, the user shall not:
Post any content or items in an inappropriate category or areas on the Website nor post any material in whatsoever form, on the Website for any purpose other than the normal purpose for which the website is intended;
- Violate any laws, third party rights, or policies of Sandala Journeys;
- Hide or spoof his/her IP address or intentionally or bounce his/her communications through any intermediate computers;
- Alter the logs upon gaining access;
- Interfere with the technological operations of the Website or attempt or manipulate the content or material on the Website or of any other user or users;
- Post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content including personal information;
- Use any robot, spider, search engine, scraper or other means whether manual, automated, mechanical, electrical or electronics either existing or that may be invented or discovered to access the Website and/or to do any of the acts mentioned above for any purpose other than the normal purpose for which the website is intended;
Additionally, user agrees not to:
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Sandala Journeys's infrastructure;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted on the Website;
- Bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website;
- Do or take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems, such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information of the Website or for using it for the purposes unrelated to Sandala Journeys;
- Access or attempt to gain root access, use any manual, mechanical, electrical or electronic means, computer programs, exploits, hacker tools, or scripts, software or hardware tools, search engines either existing or that may be invented either directly, indirectly or through any contrivance to change, modify, post, violate, misuse, abuse, erase, hack, distort, slow down, configure any system, website, to work for them, or to cause denial of services to other users or on other computers or down the website or its user features;
- Send, post, plant or distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Sandala Journeys, or the interests or property of users;
- Copy, modify, or distribute content from the website and/or Sandala Journeys's copyrights and trademarks or other intellectual property;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about other users, their details, or any information relating to any other user's passport details, email addresses, etc.
In case of any unlawful, illegal or prohibited use, the user shall be liable for action under applicable laws including any claim for damages.
Limitation of Use/Termination
Without limiting other remedies, Sandala Journeys may at its sole discretion or at the advice or under the directions of its clients limit, suspend, terminate temporarily or permanently, disable or prevent a user from accessing/making use of its service, prohibit access to its website/s, remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep user/s off the website if Sandala Journeys thinks that the user is or is attempting to resort to abnormal usage or abuse, creating problems, potential or otherwise or possible legal liabilities, or is not acting consistently with the normal usage. The access and/or use of the website are at the discretion of Sandala Journeys and use by anyone may be restricted or terminated by Sandala Journeys at any time.
Links to other websites
At various points throughout the Website you may be offered automatic links to other internet websites including User/Mission websites that may be relevant to a particular aspect of this Website. This does not indicate that Sandala Journeys is necessarily associated with any of these other websites. Whilst it is the intention of Sandala Journeys that you should find these other websites of interest, neither Sandala Journeys, nor their officers, employees and agents shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for these other websites or any information contained in them, none of which have been verified or endorsed by Sandala Journeys or its affiliates.
No Warranty & Limitation of Liability
THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE IN THE WEBSITE ARE MADE AVAILABLE STRICTLY ON AN 'AS IS' AND 'AS AVAILABLE' BASIS. SANDALA JOURNEYS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH IT OR THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USING THE WEBSITE, OR THE CONTENTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE AT THE WEBSITE. WHERE YOU RELY ON ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL CONTAINED IN IT, YOU DO SO ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU ACCEPT THAT ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND UNDERTAKINGS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALINGS OR OTHERWISE IN RESPECT OF THE WEBSITE ARE EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In no event will Sandala Journeys be liable for damages of any kind, including without limitation, direct or indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, damages for lost profits, business interruption and loss of programs or information) arising out of the use of or inability to use Sandala Journeys's Website, or any information provided on the Website or for any acts of the authorized agents who may be performing some of the functions by using the Website or any other website or content accessed through it.
The user agrees to indemnify and hold Sandala Journeys, its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint venture partners and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the breach of this User Terms & Conditions, or violation by the user of any law of any country or the rights of a third party.
The user acknowledges that a violation or any attempt thereof for any of the User Terms & Conditions shall cause irreparable damage to Sandala Journeys, the exact amount of which would be difficult to ascertain and for which there will be no adequate remedy at law. The User agrees that Sandala Journeys shall be entitled to obtain an injunctive relief issued by any court of competent jurisdiction, restraining the violation or any attempt thereof of the terms and conditions by user, or its affiliates, partners, or agents. Sandala Journeys shall be entitled to recover from user all costs and expenses incurred by Sandala Journeys in obtaining the injunction, including attorney's fees.
Modification of the User Terms & Conditions
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices shall be served on Sandala Journeys's office or be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice is deemed given 24 hours after an e-mail is sent. Sandala Journeys may issue legal notice by e-mail or to the address provided during the online registration process.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These User Terms & Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within UAE between its residents, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. The user agrees that any claim or dispute he/she may have against Sandala Journeys including but not limited to those that may arise from the use of this Website or services provided by Sandala Journeys must be resolved by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Dubai to the exclusion of all other courts.
Sandala Journeys is located in the UAE. If the user resides outside of the UAE and accesses the website, the services are offered by Sandala Journeys subject to the user's acceptance of the jurisdictional terms and conditions. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section.
- Sandala Journeys's failure to act with respect to a breach by a user or users or others does not waive its rights to act with respect to any breach, subsequent or similar breaches. Sandala Journeys reserves the right to take action as it may decide, or advised and or as directed by its clients.
- Sandala Journeys may assign this Agreement in its sole discretion.
- Sandala Journeys may at any time amend this Agreement/part thereof by posting the amended terms and conditions on the website. Except as stated elsewhere, all amended terms shall automatically be effective as at the time of accessing the website and using the services.
- This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between the user with Sandala Journeys with respect to the subject matter hereof.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
- United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall are prohibited to register as a User of this website and are not allowed to transact or use the website.
- If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.